Tuesday, March 27, 2007

cycling season is at hand

Last saturday, the first big classic of the new season took place in Italy. I found it a very interesting race with a good performance from some ofthe Belgians. Philippe Gilbert was the only one who could answer a furious attack from the new Italian wonderboy Ricco. Too bad, the didn't make against the furious peloton.
The other Belgian, former Worldchampion Tom Boonen, lost the sprint against Davis en Freire. Though it has to be said, Freire was simply the best. I think Boonen will be very good in the classics he like the most, The tour de Flandres and Paris-Roubaix.

We belgians also have a soccer team. For rather obvious reasons, I don't wanna talk about them today ;)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Greetings,

I would like to speak with you about publishing some of your future articles on cycling. I know you only mentioned Boonen, but I was wondering if you are an avid fan.

Cheers,
michelle@sportingo.com

Unknown said...

I'm not really a supporter of Boonen, but of cycling as a sport. I think it is the most inspiring sport out there.